Important changes to note for the upcoming school year
- School supply lists will no longer be given. Instead, we have consolidated our fees and supply costs you typically pay into one fee of $40 per student, which will cover all supplies for the year, as well as the old class fee. Please be prepared to pay this fee at the start of the school year to homeroom teachers or the office. Unpaid balances will prevent participation in school events.
- Absences will be considered unexcused unless appropriate documentation is submitted to the homeroom teacher. Parental absent notes will only be accepted for up to 4 days a semester. Following that amount, decisions about excused absences will be made by the principal.
- Morning Arrival Expectations
- School doors open at 8AM. Students may not be left unattended at school entrances before this time.
- Car Drop Off will end at 8:20AM
- Students arriving after 8:20AM must be brought to the office and signed in by an adult.
- Students are considered tardy at 8:30AM
- Unexcused tardies will result in consequences.
- Afternoon Dismissal Expectations
- Announcements will begin at 3:10PM.
- Students will be dismissed from classrooms at 3:15PM.
- Walkers and car riders must be picked up no later than 3:35PM.
- Students may not be checked out from the office after 2:45PM.
- Early Release Days- Jefferson Parish has set aside 4 days for teachers to work in Professional Learning Communities, this year with an early release time rather than late take in. The dates for these days are August 30, September 27, October 25, and January 24. Our students will be released at 12:50PM on these days. Buses will run on an earlier schedule for dismissal on those days.
The file below is a copy of the newsletter sent home in the report cards at the end of the 2016-2017 school year.