Welcome back to our students in 1st through 5th grades! Our first day of school was Friday, August 9th, and it was a great day! There were a few hiccups at dismissal, as to be expected on the first day, but otherwise, our students and teachers had a productive day. We welcome many new students and a few new teachers, including Ms. Aucoin (special education), Ms. Montelaro (2nd grade), Ms. Olsen (4th grade), and Ms. Van (gifted). Our Pre-K and Kindergarten students will be joining us on the 14th and 15th.
A few reminders as we get this new school year started
- Please make sure you are communicating with your child’s teacher and the office staff about any special circumstances regarding transportation, medication, home life, academics, etc. We are partners in your child’s education and communication is the key to success.
- If your child is in 3rd-5th grade, he or she should have read two Accelerated Reader books over the summer. He or she must take an AR test on those books by August 23rd to receive credit for that assignment. It will count for a test grade.
- Transportation- If your child rides a bus, please make every effort to leave the wrist tag on that was sent home on the first day of school. This will reduce the amount of confusion at dismissal and will help make sure your child gets on the correct bus. If your child is a car rider, please hang the sign provided off of your rear view mirror with a skirt/pants hanger. One sign can be used for the entire family, but it must be displayed prominently. If the staff on back gate duty cannot read your sign, you may be asked to go to the end of the line as it will cause a delay. If there is a change in the regular mode of transportation, please send a notification in writing to your child’s teacher. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee the change will take place.
- Please send in the remainder of supplies, workbook/calculator fees, and headphones as soon as possible. These materials are necessary for a productive school year.
- We collect Box Tops and Community Coffee Labels to earn funds for our school. This year, PTO will be offering an incentive for the homeroom that brings in the most labels per quarter. Each nine weeks, the winning homeroom will get a “freeze pop party”! Please send these labels in frequently so we can keep up with organization and tracking.
- PTO will also be raffling an iPAD mini to raise money for our school. Tickets are $5 and will be sold on August 14th and 15th at parent orientation for PreK and K, at Open House on August 20th, and before school in the lobby August 21-23. The drawing will be August 23rd.
- We have a new spirit shirt design. They will be light blue with navy blue writing. These new shirts will be on sale at Open House on August 20th. The cost is $10 each, $11 for 2XL, and $12 for 3XL.
Our upcoming family/ PTO events
August 14th/15th- tickets sold for iPad mini at PreK/K orientation
August 16th- World’s Finest Chocolate Pep Rally 2:30PM- Sale ends Friday August 30th
**update** August 22nd- Open House 6:30PM- iPAD mini raffle tickets sold, spirit shirts sold
August 21st-23rd- iPAD raffle tickets sold before school in lobby
August 23rd- iPAD mini raffle winner chosen
September 30th- Book Fair starts
October 1st- Pajamarama Night 6:15-8PM
October 4th- Book Fair ends
October 18th- first Freeze Pop Party for homeroom winners of Box Top contest
October 31st- Fall Fun Fest